Got an amazing idea for a startup? Reckon your app will be the next game changer? Come to Barcelona!
The 22@ district
Barcelona has a thriving internet startup and web community, including the technological and innovation 22@ district in the old industrial area of the city near Poble Nou. This area of Barcelona is also known as ‘Districte de la innovació’ or innovation district.
Another name for this area of Barcelona, partly due to all the old brick chimneys, towering high above the old industrial warehouses and factories, is the ‘Catalan Manchester’ and it’s always been my favourite area in Barcelona.
The internet startup and web community in Barcelona continues to be a force to be reckoned with, and is now home to some of Europe’s hottest startups.
Here are just some of the networking groups, events, entrepreneurship centres and service providers, that I have found invaluable over the last year and you might too:
Barcelona Entrepreneurship Centres
- Do It In Barcelona- is the gateway to all the information and resources you need for developing your project in Barcelona
- Assistance setting up a startup in Barcelona
- Barcelona Activa - The Barcelona Activa offer help and assistance in Spanish, Catalan and English for new startups and companies, and they actively promote economic growth in Barcelona
- laSalle Technova Barcelona - The Innovation Park La Salle is the ideal place for entrepreneurs to develop innovative and technological business proposals
- 22@ District near Poble Nou, also known as ‘Districte de la innovació’ or innovation district
Barcelona Web & Startup Networking Groups and Events
- Barcelona Internet Startups – Various events and meetups every month, for the Barcelona Internet Startup community
- Webcat - The #webcat is a meeting in Barcelona for web professionals (programmers, designers, SEO, entrepreneurs..)
- Lean Startup BCN – is the Barcelona local group for passionate people who’s interested on lean startup, entrepreneurship
- Makers Of Barcelona (MOB) - MOB is a creative, collaborative, co-working space in Barcelona and they also host many events for creatives and entrepreneurs
- Barcelona Developers Conference - Conceived by a group of entrepreneurs, is an initiative created with the goal of filling an important gap left by the lack of this type of events in Spain
- Sun, Sand and Startups aka Triple S - is a network where expat and local entrepreneurs meet
- Barcelona Startup Teams – Connecting people who work in startups in Barcelona
- StartupDigest events in Barcelona
- Barcelona.IO is an international community about startups and early stage companies lead and organized by local entrepreneurs in Barcelona
- Claro Partners – helps startups to understand and deliver disruptive new business models
- Claro Partners have also mapped the global startup ecosystem
- BCN Startup Video (that’s us!) – we make cool demo/promo/animation web videos, for startups, businesses, apps and websites
This list is by no means exhaustive, so please drop me an email if you’d like to see something else on here [email@example.com]
Best of luck! / ¡Buena suerte!
Matt Wright 05/12/2012 // (Latest update: 16/12/2012)