Making predictions can be a dangerous game! That said..
Here are my top 5 predictions for web video in 2013
- Online video continues to be the fastest growing ad format in 2013 *
- Increase of e-Commerce websites making product videos to demo or explain their products, increasing conversion rates and sales **
- Startups and established brands, increase production of weekly/monthly sharable web videos, as a better way to communicate their company ethos, products and services to customers on a regular basis
- Bloggers start giving preference to web video over written content, attracting a wider online audience
- Google starts/improves the audio crawling of YouTube videos, to help improve video results on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs)
Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year for 2013!! ~ Feliz Año Nuevo 2013!!
* eMarketer 2012: Video Top Asset Created for Content Marketing
** Internet Retailer 2012: Online videos help build confidence in purchases (52% of consumers who watch product videos say those videos make them more confident about purchases)